Sunday 4 November 2012

Magda Bytnerowicz


Producer or DJ or Both


Predominantly a DJ, but working on producing when I have the time. In fact, I've got a collaboration with Trinity & Beyond forthcoming on Pinksilver Records later this year. Stay tuned!

Describe Your Sound


I find this a really hard thing to do, as I go all over the shop from beautiful funk, soul and disco to house in all its forms through to proper heads down techno, depending on the gig and the crowd. I just try and play what moves me; it tends towards the more organic whether in instrumentation or arrangement but really as long as I dig it I'll play it if the time is right.

Where you regularly play, or have played


I run a party called 4our with Trinity, we put on warehouse parties in the inner city as well as hosting the occasional international guest - this year Steffi at Goodgod Small Club and Eric Cloutier at One22. I play at those venues probably most frequently apart from the warehouses. Also all over town over the years, from Marrickville Bowlo to Phoenix Bar ages ago. In terms of residencies, I guess you could say I'm a regular guest for my dear friends HAHA as well as special appearances at CO-OP back to back with Claire Morgan as the late night phenomenon MORGDA.

Favorite Night spot / Venue


Hands down Marrickville Bowling Club (sorry everwhere else!) - either for Mad Racket or HAHA parties. Every time I'm there it's like having a debauched family dinner with a much better soundtrack.

Weapon of Choice ( ie Turntables/ CDJs/ Ableton/ serato/ Traktor/ vinyl ect)


I prefer to play vinyl, and top it up with CDs though at the moment I'm contemplating switching to a USB stick instead of taking hours to burn WAVs. More room for records in the bag!

Label


Soon to be Pinksilver

Do you run a regular event?



Some Artists/ tunes you're into at the moment?


Amir Alexander's new EP, Chiwax stuff, Trevino, Basic Soul Unit... heaps of good music out at the moment! In terms of locals check out Nick Forrest's work, Asger Jorn, Daragh Byrne and that scarecrow Garry Todd is kicking goals at the moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment