Tuesday 9 October 2012

Obscur3d (Harrison Moore), Wollongong

Producer or DJ or Both?

Spend most of my time primarily producing but don’t mind getting the decks out every now and then 


Describe Your Sound

Deep House/progressive house/tech/experimental/chill/Instrumental Hip-hop with jazz influences/glitch. At the moment focusing more on deep house, with ambient soundscapes, chordy stabs, strong rhythmic bass lines, and a fat kick to keep it all together. Lately I’ve been appreciating tunes that have a real raw feel to them, slightly off beat percussion, un-mastered stems, and in moderation vinyl distortion. A lot of people have said my music is good to “study” to and I also appreciate it more when it’s in the background & when I’m not analysing the shit out of it. 


Where you regularly play, or have played

The Bar next door to Samuels (once a month)
Northgong Hotel
Illawarra Brewery (with the LAZE crew)
Chinese Laundry (recently) 


Favourite Night spot / Venue

The Bar Next Door to Samuels
Chinese laundry
Northgong Hotel
Illawarra Brewery

Weapon of Choice

Cdj’s combined with Ableton. I love the reliability of the CDJ’s but also love the ability to do what ever I want with Ableton Live synced in on the side.

Lable

Not released yet
Soon to come @ The Bar Next Door to Samuels a once a month event. Local Producers and DJ’s playing deep house, progressive and chillout tunes. Add me on facebook for more details that will come out soon.

Links

www.obscur3d.com
www.soundcloud.com/obscur3d



Some Artists/ tunes your into at the moment.

Frothing over:
Azuni
Robert Babicz
Rodskeez (very talented fella from Sydney)
Art Bleek

and for the more down tempo stuff that I play at The Bar Next Door to Samuels
Prozak Morris
Funky Notes





No comments:

Post a Comment