Tuesday 18 September 2012

Hey Sam, Melbourne (Jump To This)


Hey Sam is a young Australian DJ, Producer, Record Label Owner and Radio Show Host easily recognised by his slim build and thick-framed glasses. Known as being a fun, versatile and hardworking DJ, Hey Sam currently plays at Melbourne’s finest venues including Revolver Upstairs, Tramp and Wah Wah Lounge. His original and remix production has been released through record labels such as Suckmusic, One Love, Vicious, Yes Yes Records and his own label Jump To This.”

Producer or DJ or Both?

Both


My Sound

I don’t like to pigeon hole myself into a particular genre of dance music but I basically describe my sound as anything bouncy and upbeat. Cool Club music!


Where I regularly play, or have played

In Melbourne I play every Wedensday on the Kiss FM radio station, every Thursday at Revolver Upstairs then rotating residencies and guest spots on Saturdays at Wah Wah Lounge, Roxanne, Korova, Bimbos, Deluxe Bar and more.


My Favourite Night spot / Venue

Revolver Upstairs (Melbourne - Chapel St)

Weapon of Choice

For producing I use Ableton Live and for djing I prefer CDJ2000s as I’m mostly on USB these days.


Label

Jump To This

Events/Club Nights I Organise or am involved with

I run regular events through my label Jump To This, info on these parties are always posted on the site. www.jumptothis.com

Some Artists/Tunes im into at the moment.

I like to support the local Melbourne boys, in particular Silversix, Benson and Combo! are doing great things at the moment.




No comments:

Post a Comment